Fruits have always been an integral part of a balanced and nutritious diet.
And to take your healthy diet to the next level, below we’ve hand-picked the 5 best fruits to encourage natural wellbeing!
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, remember? There’s a lot of truth to this saying since apples are a true superfood.
Each apple contains hefty amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, magnesium, fiber and vitamin B6.
Logically, apples offer a plethora of amazing science-backed health benefits such as:
- The antioxidants that apples contain can support cardiovascular health, while also decreasing the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes (type 2) and cancer.
- The high antioxidant content of apples can not only improve digestion but also promote good gut and metabolic health.
Animal studies even point to an increase in bone density as a result of the potent antioxidant effects of apples.
Overall, apples are an incredible superfood with amazing nutritional value and evidence-based health benefits.
Some people mistake avocado for a vegetable, while it’s 100% fruit.
One of the reasons for this misconception most likely comes from the fact that avocados are packed with dietary fat, instead of carbohydrates like other popular fruits.
This fruit has a superb nutritional value as they’re a great source of potassium, magnesium and fiber.
Subsequently, avocados have unique health benefits, as evident by studies:
- The monounsaturated fat content of avocados can support heart function and fight inflammation.
- Avocados contain lots of potassium and sufficient potassium intake has been linked to a decreased risk of stroke and lowered blood pressure.
Avocados are also quite popular in keto and high-fat, low-carb diets, due to being low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
As a whole, this incredible fruit contains vital nutrients with a proven track record of improving cardiovascular health.
Citrus fruits are known as being an important addition to various healthy and refreshing smoothies and cocktails.
And when it comes to unique health benefits, grapefruits are certainly among the healthiest and most nutritious citrus fruits.
This bittersweet, orange-like fruit is very low on calories, while also being loaded with minerals and vitamins such as C and A.
In fact, grapefruits have a few stunning science-based benefits such as:
- Eating half a grapefruit before food has been shown to lead to increased weight loss, as well as lowered insulin resistance and a notable decrease in insulin levels.
- Other proven benefits associated with grapefruit intake include preventing the formation of kidney stones and lowering cholesterol levels.
Eventually, grapefruits are a great fruit for decreasing insulin resistance and blood cholesterol levels.
Apart from squeezing them into a refreshing drink, apparently they can help with weight loss too.
Blueberries are small, blue and very sweet fruits that are a staple in various smoothie recipes.
Despite their tiny size, blueberries are loaded with important nutrients as they contain hefty amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber and manganese.
On top of that, they have awesome health benefits related to their extraordinarily high antioxidant content:
- Research shows that blueberries are among the fruits that contain the largest amount of antioxidants.
- Other scientific-evidence reveals that the antioxidants in blueberries may even lower the risk of Alzheimer’s, heart disease and diabetes.
- The high antioxidant content in blueberries has also been shown to boost memory in elderly people.
- Regular blueberry consumption may even have an indirect effect on fighting viral infections and oxidative stress, by potentially increasing the natural killer cells count in the body.
There’s no doubt that blueberries possess incredibly powerful health perks.
Their potent antioxidant properties can be a powerful tool for fighting certain diseases and conditions.
There’s no doubt that pomegranates are among the sweetest and healthiest fruits on the planet.
Each of these red balls contains impressive amounts of vital nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, potassium and dietary fiber.
The sheer nutritional value of pomegranates along with the potent biologically active compounds (e.g. flavonoids and flavanols) that they contain is responsible for incredible health benefits such as:
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties, as well as the potential to lower the risk of cancer.
- Pomegranate juice may improve the effectiveness of workouts by increasing the testosterone response in the body after a weightlifting session.
Not only that, but relevant studies show that the antioxidant levels of pomegranates are around 3 times higher than those found in red wine or green tea.
All of this data points to the fact that pomegranates possess powerful antioxidant properties, while also decreasing inflammation and even potentially increasing male androgen hormones.
What are the top 10 superfoods?
According to the Harvard Medical School, these are the 10 best superfoods that everyone can include in their diet for better health.
- Leafy green vegetables
- Olive oil
- Whole-grain foods
- Cruciferous veggies
Pretty much all of these foods are quite common and easy to find, which makes them an ideal addition to a healthy and balanced diet plan.
What fruits make you feel better?
Bananas and berries are probably the best fruits for lifting up your mood.
Bananas contain several valuable nutrients such as vitamin B6, which has been shown to produce serotonin and dopamine that help with mood.
Moreover, bananas contain plenty of sugar and fiber, which results in stable blood sugar levels when consumed simultaneously.
And too low blood sugar levels may result in mood swings and irritability, according to research.
Last but not least, bananas also contain prebiotics that improves gut health, which is linked to reduced frequency of mood disorders in test subjects from relevant research data.
So, to sum things up – the top 5 fruits to encourage natural wellbeing according to studies are:
These yummy, sweet and even bitter (e.g. grapefruits) foods are a superb addition to the meal plan of anyone interested in improved health and wellbeing.
Now, what’s your favorite pick from our top 5 healthiest fruits list?
Let us know by dropping a comment below!
Subscribe to our mailing list
Join Hundreds of readers who have access to exclusive downloads and content