Most Mac users know the importance of creating a backup, since they can use it to restore data at the time of accidental deletion of important files, SSD corruption, or other issues that cause data loss. However, what if our backup media fails or turns corrupt accidentally.
When we come across crossroads, we try to figure out some third-party tools that can get back our lost data or boot & repair Mac SSD. Instead of wondering, you should use data recovery software that not only recovers your lost data but also repairs the drive.
Well! You should not go for just any data recovery software. This is because software companies develop data recovery applications with a purpose; some are for home users who just need to recover photos, videos, documents, emails, etc. from their storage drive, whereas others are meant for corporates, AMC service providers, and technicians who require advanced functionalities to handle diverse data loss situations.
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery comes in two versions catering to the various needs of different type of users. If you are a home user, you can opt for Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Professional or Platinum, depending on your need. The Platinum version helps in repairing disk permissions & directory structure. It also allows you to enable volume journaling and creating a bootable USB. These two versions of the software perform recovery from existing system drives. Additionally, they also recover data from
- Time Machine backups
- Encrypted drives
- BootCamp partitions
- External storage drives
Recovering SSD Using Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery
For testing, we installed the Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Professional and connected an external SSD that was not mounting in Finder. We followed the below steps:
- Launched Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery
- Selected Recover Everything and click Next
- Selected the external SSD
- Click Scan; the software scanned the SSD and listed the recoverable files
- Selected the files and then clicked Recover
- Saved the recoverable files in a location other than the recovery drive
The software worked perfectly fine and we were able to restore 90 percent of the data from our external SSD. Next, we created a bootable drive for our macOS to be on a safer side in case Mac startup-disk fails to boot.
Create a Bootable USB to Repair macOS
We installed the Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Platinum to repair the corrupt Macintosh HD and followed the below steps:
- Launched the Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Platinum and selected Repair Volume
- Clicked on Select Volume to Repair
- Selected the drive to repair from the Volume List and clicked Next
Note: The software creates a bootable USB drive to repair the startup disk.
- Connected a 16 GB USB flash drive
- Selected the USB drive and Clicked on Create Bootable USB
- Clicked OK on the ‘bootable USB media created successfully’ dialogue box and rebooted the Mac while holding down the Options key to boot with newly created USB drive
- Selected the start-up drive and clicked on Repair
The process for creating bootable USB turns out to be handy.
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Platinum is a convenient tool to recover data from most of the logical errors that cause drive corruption. Priced at $129, the software is worth every penny. The software is supremely intuitive and is suitable for both technical as well as non-technical users. This is the perfect tool for creating a bootable USB to recover your macOS.