If you’re wondering where all your friends are these days, well they’re all busy keeping to their fitness resolution. Like all previous years, this year also the most common resolution for everyone is to stay fit. And many of you will also start with great enthusiasm and dedication. But in less than a month, it all goes dull.
You know these fitness resolutions usually break in less than a month. And it happens because you start with a heavy workout.
To start with your fitness journey, you should keep in mind that:
You don’t need to work out heavily to be fit, but you do need to break your sedentary lifestyle.
The best way to break your sedentary habit is to increase the intensity of your daily activities:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator whenever possible.
- Go for a short walk during your lunch break or after dinner.
- With the help of a fitness app, do a few stretches or bodyweight exercises (such as push-ups, squats, or lunges) while watching TV or during a break at work.
- Look for opportunities to add physical activity to your daily routine, such as walking or biking to work or running errands on foot instead of driving.
Always remember, the key is to start small and gradually build up your activity level over time. Taking small steps towards a more active lifestyle!
You just need to do a little each day like something small every day, no matter how small and make a habit of it. Don’t look for big, immediate improvements. Aim for small improvements one day at a time. Because when you start with a heavy workout the chances of dooming your workout routine increase. And this is one of the reasons people leave their workouts.
Reasons Why People Don’t Exercise
There can be many reasons why people don’t exercise. According to research, the top most reason people give for not exercising is that:
Excuse: I don’t have time.
Solution: You can make progress with workouts as short as 2-5 minutes. Wake up 5 minutes earlier.
Excuse: I don’t have money to go to the gym.
Solution: Do workouts at home.
Excuse: I can’t do it.
Solution: Yes, you can!
Whatever the reason, it’s important to find ways to overcome and find ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. And it’s time to step up and stop making excuses.
How You Can Incorporate Exercise Into Your Day
Always remember Champ that for a simple workout you:
- Don’t need to spend hours in a workout.
- Don’t need to have a gym membership or buy a high-tech treadmill.
- Don’t need to have a large space.
- Don’t spend your hard-earned money to buy that gym membership you go to once or twice a month. Because a simple 2-5 mins workout can be done in the comfort of your own home with the help of a free custom workout app.
Try to create a workout routine that is best suited for you and keep it simple. Because making a simple workout increases your chances of sticking to it. In starting create your 2-5 mins of workout from the exercises which are easy for you to perform daily and decrease the risk of many chronic diseases.
There are many other ways to stay fit but there are also some general tips to stay healthy:
- Find physical activities that you enjoy, such as sports, dancing, or hiking, and do them regularly, because movement is medicine.
- Incorporate strength training exercises into your routine, as they can help increase your metabolism and build stronger bones.
- Don’t forget to stretch before and after your workouts to help prevent injury.
- Get enough sleep, as this is important for both physical and mental health.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Consider working with a personal trainer or fitness app to develop a workout plan that’s tailored to your specific goals and needs.
Remember, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise program.