In my post on Monday, I gave you the “Ultimate Guide to the Pomodoro Technique“. For those of you who haven’t read the article, the brief gist of what the Pomodoro Technique is that you split your time spent on any single task into 25 minute chunks, with a 3-5 minute break between them, repeating 4 times when you take a longer 15-30 minute break and then start the process again.
While researching the article, I found many useful apps on a variety of platforms that can be used to track time and progress but surprisingly I found very little in the way of printable items for you to track your progress. That’s where the FlipPomodoro comes in.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
What is the FlipPomodoro Free Printable Planner?
Simply, the FlipPomodoro is a free downloadable Pomodoro planner that allows you to list tasks, estimate the amount of effort required to complete the task, how many “Pomodori’s” the task takes, when to take breaks. You could also use the FlipPomodoro as a simple task tracker if you wish.
How to use the FlipPomodoro Free Printable Planner
Each day should use it’s own sheet, and tasks (where possible) should be written down in some semblance of order.
The parts of the FlipPomodoro are:
- Date – The date for the tasks to be worked on. This helps you plan tasks out in advance, and helps when referring back to check on effort required.
- Task Name – Descriptive name of the task to be worked on
- Effort – The amount of Pomodoros you think you’ll need to complete the task. This is just an estimate and can be used in order to determine task priority
- Pomodoros – This section is broken up into 4 “banks” of Pomodoros. Each bank relates to one level of effort required. Each bank is sub-divided into Pomodori (green circles), short break time (orange circles) and longer break time (blue circles). At the end of each 25 minute period, 3-5 minute rest period and 15-30 minute long break period colour in the appropriate circle and move on to the next.
- Done – Colour this in when the task is complete.
- Unplanned but Urgent Tasks – As the name suggests, this section is to list tasks that crop up during the day (out of the blue or as a result of your actions on a planned task) that have to be done that day and can’t be scheduled for another day.
Who is the FlipPomodoro Planner For?
The FlipPomodoro Planner is for anyone who is practising the Pomodoro Technique and needs a paper-based way to organise their tasks and their progress. You can use the FlipPomodoro in conjunction with any timer (such as the one on your phone).
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Price: $22.47Was: $29.95
How do I get the FlipPomodoro Planner?
The FlipPomodoro is suitable for printing on both US Letter and International A4 Paper.
Over To You
Do you use the Pomodoro Technique? If so, will this planner be useful? If you think there’s anything that I should add or change please let me know in the comments.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Join Hundreds of readers who have access to exclusive downloads and content