It is the time of year for giving, but it can be hard to find something that you know your loved one will love.
What if I told you there are 5 places where inspiration and ideas abound? What about a list of resources for finding “giftspiration” this holiday season?
Here’s my list:
1. Social Media
Although more frequently used for stalking our friends, marketing our businesses, and sucking up our time. Social Media can also be a great way to discover gift ideas.
Here’s how to use each platform for giftspirtation.
You can follow hashtags, such as #giftideas, #giftsforher, #giftsforhim, or #parentpresents to see what others are posting.
You can also check out the Explore page to see what’s trending. If you have specific people in mind that you want to buy gifts for, you can also follow their account and see what they’re interested in.
If you’re looking for creative gift ideas, TikTok is a great place to start. There are tons of videos with creative DIY gift ideas that you can make at home.
You can also find videos of people unboxing gifts and giving their honest opinions on them. This can be helpful if you’re trying to figure out what type of gift the person you’re buying for would like.
Similar to Instagram you can also check out different hashtags, such as #giftideas, #giftsforher, #giftsforhim, or #parentpresents.
On Pinterest you can search for specific items that you’re interested in or browse through the different categories. You can also save your favorite ideas so that you can come back to them later. If you have a specific budget in mind, Pinterest is a great place to find affordable gift ideas as well.
There are many groups on Facebook that are dedicated to gift giving. You can join one of these groups and get ideas from other members. You can also post in the group and ask for suggestions if you’re stuck on what to get someone. These groups are usually very active and can be a great resource when you’re looking for giftspiration.
If you’re following any gift-related accounts on Twitter, their tweets will show up in your timeline. This is a great way to see what’s new in the world of gifts and get some inspiration for what you might want to buy. You can also search for specific hashtags, such as #giftideas, #giftsforher, #giftsforhim, or #parentpresents to find tweets from people who are sharing their favorite gifts.
Amazon is the ultimate online market place. So no surprise it is going to be a great, and popular spot to find giftspiration.
If you select the “Best Sellers” at the top of Amazon, you can browse a variety of different categories and find different gift ideas.
Custom Search Categories
Amazon is a search engine just like Google or Bing. If you are shopping for someone that likes “Baseball”, try typing “Baseball gifts” in the search bar and you will see plenty of gift options for people that like people.
3. Gifting Blogs
Anyone can go to google and type in “Christmas gifts”, but how do you know which sites are the best? Here are my two favorites:
If you are shopping for Mom or Dad you should check out ParentPresents.com
The newly found site has gift suggestions for Mom and Dad laid out in a variety of categories. And their 2022 Ultimate Parent Present Christmas Guide can definitely help you find a high-quality present.
This site has been around for much longer and offers a range of curated guides for interesting and unusual gift ideas.
4. Holiday Fairs & Markets
These are not just a great way to get into the Holiday Spirit, but also a great way to find and learn about some of the hottest Holiday Gifts of the season.
Where can I find a Holiday Fair or Market?
You can always just go on Google and type in “Holiday Fairs Near Me”.
But if you live in NYC, Chicago, or Los Angeles here are some popular options.
New York City
1. Grand Central Holiday Fair – This annual event features over 100 vendors selling a wide range of holiday gifts, from jewelry to gourmet food.
2. Union Square Holiday Market – This popular market features over 150 vendors selling everything from handmade toys to artisanal cheese.
3. Columbus Circle Holiday Market– This market offers a wide variety of unique gifts, including handcrafted jewelry, artisanal chocolates, and more.
For a complete list of New York City Holiday Fairs and Markets check out this guide on Freetoursbyfoot.com
1. Andersonville Winter Festival – This festive festival features over 200 vendors selling handmade gifts, holiday decorations, and more.
2. Winterland at Gallagher Way – This is the 25th anniversary of the Wrigleyville Christkindlmarket that featues an 8,000-square-foot ice rink, Santa’s Workshop, traditional German food, and much more.
3. Daley Plaza Winter Market – The Daley Plaza Winter Market is one of the largest holiday markets in Chicago. It features over 100 vendors selling a wide range of gifts, including jewelry, handcrafted items, home goods, and more.
For a complete list of all Illinois Holiday Fairs and Markets check out this guide on Christmasmarketguides.com
1. The Grove Holiday Market – The Grove offers an array of holiday gifts, including jewelry, accessories, home decor items and more. It’s the perfect place to find a unique gift for your loved ones.
2. The Market at Westfield Century City – This mall is home to over 200 shops and restaurants and sets up a market each year where shoppers can purchase limited-edition gifts, gourmet treats, and other unique offerings.
3. Unique Markets Annual Holiday Market -Shop from over 150 local business including designers, artists, and other brands in Downtown Los Angeles.
For a complete list of events in Los Angeles, check out this list on Dola.com
5. Friends and Family
Last but not least, you can always find Giftspiration from friends and family.
Start a Group Chat
A group chat is an easy way to collect a variety of different opinions in a short amount of time.
Try texting a group of 10 people asking them if they found any good gifts for the holidays yet? If 5 respond. That’s 5 new ideas right there!
Have a Brain Storming Session
Next time you are out with your Family or Friends ask them what are some of the gifts that they are looking at this holiday season.
Ask what they have on their Christmas List as well as what they are getting for others. Then talk about people that you both know and try to figure out a great gift to get them.
Talking with someone else is always a great way to get Giftspiration.
We hope this list has helped to jump-start your holiday shopping! Whether you’re shopping for your significant other, parents, co-workers, or just a friend we hope you found the Giftspiration to find the perfect present this holiday season.