The following is a guest post from Heather Johnson. If you would like to be considered for a guest post, please contact me
Studies indicate that people are more productive during the morning hours than at any other point during the day. It can be difficult for people unaccustomed to being wide awake before noon to make the transition to being a morning person. In fact, the non-morning person can sometimes loathe the energy that morning people emit. But this stems from intense jealousy. Here are five ways that you can increase your energy in the morning and you’ll be on your way to a more productive day, week, year and life:
- Go to the light. If you wake up in a dark, cozy room then you’re apt to stay sleeping and becoming a slave to the snooze button. Change this pattern by turning on all the lights in your room when you wake up.This can help trick your body into thinking it’s later in the day than it actually is.
- Breakfast is crucial. You’ve heard it before: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating at least a little something in the morning will get your metabolism going and create the energy you need early in the day and throughout the day.
- Stick to a strict sleep schedule. The easiest and most obvious tip is to get enough sleep. This can be tough for someone set in their ways but if you can get out of your schedule of staying up late, you’ll set yourself up for a more productive morning. So long as you can get at least six or seven hours of sleep you’ll be in a good position to tackle your day.
- Exercise in the morning. This doesn’t mean you should go out and run ten miles when you wake up, but if you can incorporate some physical activity into your mornings you’ll get the blood flowing and eliminate the grogginess you feel each morning. A light jog of about a mile or so or even just some push-ups or sit-ups will get you going.
- Listen to some tunes. If you have a hard time getting going in the mornings then pump up some high-tempo music. This can sometimes force you to get your adrenaline flowing. Try listening to an audio book as this will immediately grab your interest and get your brain moving more quickly then if you sit and watch the morning news or read the paper. If these are activities you need to do in the morning then have them accompanied by some peppy music.
This post was contributed by Heather Johnson, who is an industry critic on the subject of best balance transfer credit card. She invites your feedback at heatherjohnson2323 at gmail dot com.